Estimated GPS Coordinates: 39.391303,-89.077627
Pana, Illinois Railroad Shops were built by the Springfield and Illinois South-Eastern Railway Company in 1873. Destroyed by a tornado a year later, they were rebuilt and used by both the Ohio and Mississippi and B&O Southwestern Railroads. The division was moved to Flora in 1899. The facilities included a 16-stall roundhouse, machine shop, power plant, transfer table, 2-story car shop, turn table, blacksmith shop, and offices.
Pana, Illinois O and M Shops 1897 Map
Pana, Illinois B and O SW Shops 1902 Map
Former Pana, Illinois Railroad Shops Aerial 1938
Springfield and Illinois South-Eastern Railway Shops built in 1872
O and M Pana Shop Report 1882