Belle Rive L&N Depot
Southeast corner of intersection of North Main and railroad track
Estimated GPS Coordinates: 38.233208,-88.740265
The town of Belle Rive was established in 1871. It was named after Louis Groston de Saint-Ange de Bellerive. He was commander of Fort de Chartres and surrendered Illinois to the British on October 10, 1765.
Dictionary of Canadian Biography
Aerial View of Belle Rive 1938
Illinois Historical Aerial Photographs
Hamson Feed Store